About Me

My photo
Hi, I am me... I am a mom with a great sense of humor, a kind heart, a giving spirit, a desire to please, and enough strength to keep on going even when life knocks me down... I am me... : )

Thursday, July 26, 2007

No More Milk Guest Blog from the Kansas Milkmaid


No More Milk!


Farming brings you close to creation. I pause when doing chores and listen to the creation speak about the wonders of God. Often I observe the animals and note profound lessons about my own humanity in the context of God’s majesty. For example, look at this picture of Marco.

We just separated him from his mother. We were trying to move him to a different paddock on the farm. Marco just wouldn’t cooperate. We decided we would have better luck with a halter. However, he had never been on a halter before. Marco did not want to budge. We desperately tried to lead him to the lush green pasture. As a farmer, I knew it was time for him to rely more on solid food, to grow and develop. But, Marco wanted his mother’s milk. He locked down with all the stubborn self will a Jersey steer can muster.

When I looked at this picture of Marco, I thought of my own stubborn self will. Christ often attempts to lead me to green pastures. He is encouraging me to grow and mature, but I lock down and won’t budge. I think the status quo is better. I don’t want change and I don’t want to be refined either. I lock down just like this stubborn Jersey steer. I can’t remain on milk forever. I need solid food.

Hebrews 5:13 Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. 14But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

Udderly His,

The Kansas Milkmaid

No comments: