About Me

My photo
Hi, I am me... I am a mom with a great sense of humor, a kind heart, a giving spirit, a desire to please, and enough strength to keep on going even when life knocks me down... I am me... : )

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Times of frustration can be a learning tool

I know I have touched a bit on this before but was feeling a bit frustrated and thought well I would post about it again. Sorry if I bore you all. ; )

I am not sure what others believe, sometimes I am not sure what I believe, LOL!!! Just kidding, well sort of. Your going through life, minding your own business, and something happens. Could be something good, something bad, something just okay..... So why, why did it happen, is it because long ago we were predestined to end up right in this very spot, to go through this very thing??? I guess that would be called fate, I really don't think I believe in that. We all have been given free will by God, and FATE to me just is not free will, we all make our choices and that is where we end up.

As to persecution, I am unsure about this one, I have said before that I am going through times of persecution, Why??? Did God allow me to be persecuted, I don't know, but then there have been plenty of people who have been persecuted because of their belief in God. I have always kinda struggled with this one. I did discover that it says in

2 Timothy 3:12
In fact everyone who wants to live a godly life in Jesus Christ will be persecuted

However if you back up a bit to verse 11 it says

persecution, suffering- what kinds of things happened to me in Antioch, Iconium, and Lystra, the persecutions I endured. YET the Lord rescued me from all of them.

So I if we believe what the Bible says, and I do then it is reassuring to know that God did rescue Paul.

I have heard that God will never give you more then you can handle. I do wonder about this, and sometimes why must I be so strong. I have half heartedly joked that today just today could I be one of those weak people who just get everything handed to them. Sigh....... okay mostly I am kidding. But sometimes you feel weary.

I DO believe that should we be wise and deal with what is going on we can learn through most any trial, time of persecution, or just those days when all the traffic in front of you is going slower then molasses. When ever that happens, I have tried say alright God thank you for a chance to be patient today. I am not always successful, I do get frustrated, but I am doing better then I used to. Been working on that patient thing, ; ) I know that I can do better and I am aiming to

1 Thessalonians 5:14 says
and we urge you brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone.

I know that it is harder to get the lesson sometimes when the trial is very hard. My friend has been going through some stuff, had bad days and good days she brought her Bible with her every where. And kept stopping to read it. She made it through so far and will continue on and make it through the rest. It is hard be she is trusting God and is willing to lean on Him and learn through this.

During all of our problems with homes, and illness, and jobs this last year I have teasingly said okay God what am I doing wrong just tell me and I will stop it okay??? LOL I know God does not work that way, and that while we struggled at no time were we truly ever in physical danger. God protects us he has never dropped us.
And now through all of this my husband has a job with a good company that will work with you if your sick not just hold it against you, we are moving into a house here soon, right in time as my friend is actually needing the home we are living in next week for a daughter and her children.

God has amazing timing. And if we just look to the Bible and try to do his will, and trust in him and remain close to Him God says to Joshua in

Joshua 1:5-9

No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As with Moses, so I will be with you, I will NEVER leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them. Be strong and very courageous, be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you, do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful where ever you go. Do not let this Book of the law depart from your mouth, meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, For the Lord your God will be with you where ever you go.

So obviously we will go through some stuff in life, I mean God knew this we know this so what do we do?? Do we hide become downtrodden no we learn through them. And we go forth Boldly and with strength for the Lord our God is with us.

If your struggling and have become downtrodden, I hope that you can take a bit of heart from this and rise up again. God has you he will never drop one of his children. Only we by our choices can pull away from God.

Amy admitedly a work in progress

No comments: