About Me

My photo
Hi, I am me... I am a mom with a great sense of humor, a kind heart, a giving spirit, a desire to please, and enough strength to keep on going even when life knocks me down... I am me... : )

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Struggling to find Joy in the everyday


With all the upset over the last 6 months, I have on occasion struggled with finding Joy. Today has been as slightly stressful day. But I did manage to find some joy. When one of my kiddos crawled into bed with me and said mom your warm and your blanket is soft. That brought a bit of joy to my heart. When he went on to say Mom I am gonna pray that God does not make me have a beard, LOL, that brought some more joy to my heart.

5 year old are usually pretty good for a smile and maybe a chuckle. My 4 year old is becoming less combative and actually seems to be falling more into the sweet side of himself, that sure brought me some joy. Watching him grab his big brother around the neck and plant a big kiss on his check that sure brought me some joy.

A warm puppy can sure make you smile and bring some joy. These little guys are sure growing like weeds, and are way too cute. They are barking and growling and try to sound all ferocious. This is too funny, and makes you feel some joy.

So even though things are a bit frustrating, there are everyday things that can bring joy into any ones heart. We just have to be open to them and recognize them for what they are. God created all these things around us. He knew that they could make us smile and laugh and yes even find some joy in our day. I do believe that was the plan. Why else would there be so much variety. God made this earth a wonderful place where we can find joy while we are here doing what God put us here to do.

I hope that everyone can find some joy today. Even if it is just a cup of tea, like I had. ; )

Joyfully
Amy

2 comments:

Beemoosie said...

What a beautiful post!

Aunt Jo said...

Thank you for reminding me that I too can find Joy in the little things in my life.