About Me

My photo
Hi, I am me... I am a mom with a great sense of humor, a kind heart, a giving spirit, a desire to please, and enough strength to keep on going even when life knocks me down... I am me... : )

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Wow 2008 New Years Ramblings


Sunset over frozen river in Kansas
It is amazing how time flies. My kiddos are growing up, my baby is 4 years old. I know he's not exactly out of the house yet, LOL. But still it seems like for the first 18 years time drug by. You know it felt like you had to grab on to something and pull to get time to pass, now the last 16 have flown by. And here starts another one, sigh......

Don't get me wrong. I am very thankful for each and every day that God has given me on this planet weather they flew by or drug. I am also very thankful that 19 of those years have been spent with my DH. We started "dating" okay we hung out on the phone and at youth group, LOL, anyway we were hanging out when I was 15 and got married 3 months after I turned 18. It is hard to believe I have been married 16 years.

I know I am not the only one who is amazed at how time flies. I am just thankful that God has blessed me with my wonderful husband, 6 great kids, good friends, good health, and the ability to wake up every morning, believing that today can be an awesome day. Even with some of this last months trials, and the issues posted below, I still believe that everyday is a blessing and that God can do anything.

So how do I plan to start of 2008??? With a positive attitude and fresh outlook. We should finally be able to move into the new house soon. Praise God. I have been thankful every day we have had this house to live in. It is warm and dry and my family is together. I plan to spend some time with one of my brothers who is home briefly from the Marines. He will be shipped overseas in March. I need to be sure to see him.

I still can't believe how grown up two of my brothers are both Marines, both being shipped overseas this spring. I will be adding something to my blog as a constant reminder to pray for them as well as all of our military. Sigh I used to carry my brothers around as babies. And now they are going to defend OUR country the USA!!!

Makes me worried for them, I support our military, but do fear for my brothers. Of course the bible says

Psalm 27
Of David.
1 The LORD is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When evil men advance against me
to devour my flesh, [a]
when my enemies and my foes attack me,
they will stumble and fall.

3 Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then will I be confident.

4 One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.

5 For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle
and set me high upon a rock.

6 Then my head will be exalted
above the enemies who surround me;
at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make music to the LORD.

7 Hear my voice when I call, O LORD;
be merciful to me and answer me.

8 My heart says of you, "Seek his [b] face!"
Your face, LORD, I will seek.

9 Do not hide your face from me,
do not turn your servant away in anger;
you have been my helper.
Do not reject me or forsake me,
O God my Savior.

10 Though my father and mother forsake me,
the LORD will receive me.

11 Teach me your way, O LORD;
lead me in a straight path
because of my oppressors.

12 Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes,
for false witnesses rise up against me,
breathing out violence.

13 I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.

14 Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.

This is as true for me, as for my brothers, the rest of our sevice men and women, and all of mankind. Gotta work on it. Still human still a work in progress.

Happy New Year

No comments: