About Me

My photo
Hi, I am me... I am a mom with a great sense of humor, a kind heart, a giving spirit, a desire to please, and enough strength to keep on going even when life knocks me down... I am me... : )

Friday, August 28, 2009

The truth about lies

Recently there has been some lies being told about me to some people in my church. I was very hurt and very angry. I am thankful it was not my husband. I believe in general he is being respectful, well as much as he can in his choices in this situation. Now does that just NOT make sense, LOL. But that has not stopped some others. My knee jerk reaction was to find them and holler at them and of course say all sorts of not very nice things to them.....

Well, boy that sure would have left me looking kind and good and I am sure given them a very high opinion of me. After I found all this out I stopped and was like okay I need to read my bible get into the shadow of his wings cling to those promises of his. I did my devotions, but felt that I needed to keep reading and I opened up to Psalm 12. And wow, Lord I am listening, you will not fail me nor dessert me. Verse 5 is the one that really struck me.

Psalm 12
1 Help, LORD, for the godly are no more;
the faithful have vanished from among men.
2 Everyone lies to his neighbor;
their flattering lips speak with deception.
3 May the LORD cut off all flattering lips
and every boastful tongue
4 that says, "We will triumph with our tongues;
we own our lips who is our master?"
5 "Because of the oppression of the weak
and the groaning of the needy,
I will now arise," says the LORD.
"I will protect them from those who malign them
."
6 And the words of the LORD are flawless,
like silver refined in a furnace of clay,
purified seven times.
7 O LORD, you will keep us safe
and protect us from such people forever.
8 The wicked freely strut about
when what is vile is honored among men.


The Lord does not lie and he says he will protect those who are being maligned. Just in case I misunderstood the meaning of the word, I looked it up

Malign means

verb

Definition:

criticize somebody spitefully: to criticize somebody or something in a spiteful and false or misleading way

adjective

Definition:

1. harmful or evil: harmful or evil in nature, effect, or intention

2. wishing to harm others: having or showing a desire to cause harm or pain to others

What was being said would definitely fall into this category....

That's okay, I will just stay close to Jesus my saviour, my protector, my God in whom I trust. The lies will show through as just that. The Lord will protect me and my kids forever and for always. Now I am not happy about this, but by continuing to behave in a Godly manner and by clinging to God and his word the truth will shine through, of that I do not doubt.

Blessed by God Thankful for Grace
Hugs
Amy

1 comment:

redink said...

Amy,
Oh my dear, I am so sorry...it just doesn't seem to stop sometimes, does it?

I experienced this not just when my husband and I separated, but twice before when we were having problems.
Every relationship I had became suspect after my husband left us. People came down on his side and blamed me for being a rebellious wife...or some such nonsense.
So much was expected of me and I was still reeling from the shock of my husband's abandonment.

Not what I'd call fair and just...quite the opposite.

But God's plans are perfection.
The Scripture you posted cuts through all the confusion of why people seem to turn on the weaker member.
...it simply doesn't matter what others do or say.

God is on your side, Amy.
I know it, because I have felt it.
He has changed hearts I thought were hardened into stone, and brought healing through this trial.

And you have enough wisdom to stand close to the only One who can protect you.
I will pray for those around you to seek the truth and be a comfort and help.
Until they do and even after, you always have the Rock to stand on.

Blessings,
Julia