About Me

My photo
Hi, I am me... I am a mom with a great sense of humor, a kind heart, a giving spirit, a desire to please, and enough strength to keep on going even when life knocks me down... I am me... : )

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Fear Not!!!

I have so been struggling this week, yes I know I have had alot of reminders about Gods promises of being there and taking care of me and I do not doubt him. But yet here I am struggling. I received a birthday card from a dear friend today. She boosted my spirits a bit, she reminded me that people love me and care about me. Also last night I was doing my devotions and the verses for reading were as usual right what I needed to read.
John 14:1

Do not let your heart be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me. Jesus comforting the disciples.

Also in my reading John 14:27

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.


I decided tonight to turn on my playlist from my blog and just started singing and praying and then all of a sudden a wave of peace just covered me...I have not been here, in this peace all week....I have fought and struggled and cried and ached, and while I know normal reactions....I could not keep going on like this, I have been afraid to make any choices in any direction, I was fast heading toward ... fear and panic and starting to hear those nasty lies about being a complete failure again...I will not let the deciever take me there....gonna leave the music on until I head to bed and maybe even after!

Again Lord I believe fully in your promises
Psalm 91:1-2
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."


Hugs
Amy

1 comment:

redink said...

Amy,
you are such an inspiration!
Amazing, isn't it? In the midst of our struggles, God can blow away the fear and doubt and give us such peace...and when you share your hope, it covers the rest of us.
Thank you.
You are, as ever, in my prayers.
Blessings,
Julia