About Me

My photo
Hi, I am me... I am a mom with a great sense of humor, a kind heart, a giving spirit, a desire to please, and enough strength to keep on going even when life knocks me down... I am me... : )

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A day off

Well I have days off every week of course, but it seems as if I have been running running running every single day. This last weekend is now different. Friday I ran to walmart and then to a quick lunch with a dear friend at The Courtyard in McPherson. The food was really good and the atmosphere was wonderful. I WILL be going back.. Then rushed to work.

Saturday and Sunday I was off, but we kept going, LOL. We went back to walmart I needed a new cell phone as I could not hear on my other one. One drop too many I guess. Then we spent afternoon at the water park in McPherson. The kids had lots of fun and NO sunburns this time, yeah!!! The kiddos loved the lazy river and would have gone again and again, but their sibling wanted to swim more then float and they needed someone to go with them.

After all of our fun in the sun, where I actually got a bit of color, not a burn... Anyway we went by unanimous vote to Golden Dragon. We LOVE Chinese food. We have not been able to go in quite awhile. The kids and I enjoyed it sooo much. So after dinner it was off to walmart again for a few snacks and then back to the park at the band shell for a movie.

They were showing the movie the Princess Bride starting at dark. It was kind of bittersweet for me as this was like the first movie I ever watched with my husband when we were dating. It was his favorite back then 20 years ago. ROUS'S, he's only mostly dead, Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die, wuv tru wuv... SIGH...

It was a bit chilly, but we toughed it out. It was alot of fun. We got home kind of late nearly midnight. Then we were up bright and early for church the next day. Went to church, then walmart again for the stuff for floats. Since it was my Sunday off we always rent a movie, have pizza, and root beer floats. We rented Bedtime Stories.

So today is my day off before I work 6 days straight. I need to run and get a few things from the store, and then we have Wednesday night church. I am looking forward to that. I have been so blessed by the ladies in this group. I have a couple of other posts I have been working on that will hopefully follow shortly. Some neat things I have been learning.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!!
Hugs
Amy Ellen

1 comment:

redink said...

Hi Amy,
I'm new to your blog...found you through Mommylife.
I'm a Christian homeschooling mom. I spent my whole life in California before moving to Utah with my husband and 7 kids.
I read through your other posts and wanted you to know you are not alone. I experienced similar circumstances after the move to Utah. New church, husband left, kids confused, working to provide.
It's tough, but I love what you said about the Lord's provision. He has shown me how much He cares for me, how He is here in the midst of my suffering, giving me grace and protection. I have a lot to be grateful for.

You are in my prayers, Amy. God moves in when the husband moves out. We are not forgotten.

My blog is title "redink" and it's mostly political, but writing about things that interest me keeps me focused on what I can do instead of what I can't.
...I'm sure you understand. :)
You can e-mail me if you like.
Blessings,
Julia