About Me

My photo
Hi, I am me... I am a mom with a great sense of humor, a kind heart, a giving spirit, a desire to please, and enough strength to keep on going even when life knocks me down... I am me... : )

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Promise from God and other reminders


Psalm 91
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."
3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you make the Most High your dwelling—
even the LORD, who is my refuge-
10 then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."


The Lord words are a promise to me, well to all of us. And while I am going through some of the hardest days of my life right now. I know He will carry me through. I won't lie and say that I do not hurt, because oh my gosh I hurt. I would so much like to just go to bed and stay there for a long time...When you have been with someone as long as this, Tony has been there for me for 20 years, more then half my life, your first reaction is to turn to them when your hurting.

We were standing in that court room before we sat down and my natural inclination was to edge closer to him, I started to reach out for his hand at one point and then, duh Amy reality sat in....your standing here in a courtroom so this man can leave you. He is not going to hold your hand or put his arm around you to shelter you anymore. It felt like my heart was being ripped out. It still does. I almost fell apart right there.

However, Gods words hold true. He is there and in various ways has shown His love and protection for me. I was going to look at a house, which is not going to work, but anyway I turned down the wrong road and went to turn around on the edge. Now I drive a suburban that has 4 wheel drive. Guess what the 4 wheel drive would not kick in....So I am stuck, badly stuck...LOL. I am still in my dress and heels from the hearing, so there is no way I can even climb back out of the mess I got msyelf in. I sat there crying, and praying LOUDLY!!!

Come on God, you can do anything you made the whole world, you can make my car go into 4 wheel drive. I made a call to Tony, he said he won't help me. I called my mom who had driven over an hour to sit with me at the park while I wept, I did not want to fall apart in front of the kids. She was turning around to come see if she could do anything. Then I wept some more and prayed and then a man in a truck stops. He gets out and says I have a chain I can pull you out it will only take a minute. I do not know who he was. He backed up got out got down on the muddy ground hooked the chain on and pulled my truck out. He did not give me his name just un-hooked it said he was glad he could help and left.

Thank you God for your provision you promised and took care of me, you sent an angel in disguise!!

I had to go to work at 5. I trudged in there not feeling well at all as you can imagine. I felt like I just wanted to throw up and go back to bed. Hanging on the fridge is an envelope addressed to me. A card from the the CEO, the Administrator, and the Employee Relations gal. Saying they were thinking about me and praying for me. It was awesome to know that someone cared.

Thank you God for your provision you promised you would take care of me and you sent a job filled with Godly supportive people my way!!!

So then yesterday I went to the library I knew I had some fines, as the books were due the same time I found out about the final hearing and I blanked. They renewed them 10 days ago, but there were already fees. I did not know HOW MUCH yet. I got in there and it was 24 dollars...geesh. I only had 8 on me. So I asked her to put it toward my daughters books and then what was left toward what I owed and then I would get the rest to her ASAP. I apologized and hinted about my life getting in the way. The Librarian knows whats going on as when I had to print out the worksheet for my lawyer I had to go to the library to do it.

So anyway she understood and I said I would be back. Of course it could not have been a quiet time at the library NO..... There were 4 people waiting behind us to check out. And the other bad part is I did not even guess it would be that much so I already had a pile of books out for the kids and myself. UGH!!! Well we moved them over by the return slot. She let my daughter check out books, even though really the rules say no, but she knew I would be back. And we left. How embarrassing. But I had a call right when I walked in my room. It was from the library. Someone behind me in line paid all of my fines. I am not sure who it was, she did not tell me. She said see there are still good people in this world.

Thank you God for you provision, you promised and came through, you sent someone with compassion for someone having a hard day.

Amy

2 comments:

redink said...

Thank you for sharing God's love during this trying time for you, Amy.
It is a good reminder to me when things get tough.
Blessings,
Julia

Gail said...

So good of you to share what God is doing for you! God is so good! His word and His promises are true!!
Love you! Mom