About Me

My photo
Hi, I am me... I am a mom with a great sense of humor, a kind heart, a giving spirit, a desire to please, and enough strength to keep on going even when life knocks me down... I am me... : )

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Worry??? Naaaa not me. I will not worry!!!

I here about a recession, gas prices, food prices, etc. And yeah, all that stuff hits us hard too. Maybe harder then some as we have 6 kids, and my husband drives 22 miles each way for work. So yeah these things are a concern for us. I read and hear about people who keep losing their homes, and belongings. And yeah that's tough. I know.

We used to own a lovely home. Brick and stone, on a large lot. Had 3 bedrooms up and 2 down, a huge eat in kitchen with TONS of cabinet space, a huge living room with a wonderful fireplace and built in bookshelves, a large dinning room, 2 baths 1 up and 1 down, a laundry room, and two large multi purpose rooms. We had lovely landscaping, and paid someone else to do our mowing and edging. Notice I said we USED to own all this. Due to circumstances beyond our control, we lost it.

I do not like doom and gloom. I will admit that Revelations is my least favorite book of the Bible. I know we win in the end, but I am afraid of all the stuff before that. I do know that God has wonderful plans for those who are his children, and I know my family and I are part of that group. Praise the Lord.

Now I would prefer to be able to make plans far in advance and say this is what I plan to do and this is the way it will work and this is how much money we need to be able to accomplish that. But I can't. Things are way to up in the air. And frankly if I dwell on that it makes my want to throw up. So instead I am rereading as I need to the following verses.


Matthew 6:25-34


25 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
28 "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own

How very true this all is. God tells us He will take care of us. I have enough today, why worry about tomorrow. He gave me enough today didn't he?? Why would he fail me and mine tomorrow. Things are tight, I will not deny that. I am thankful that my husband and I have not run up credit debt. Besides some payments for medical bills, and other utility bills, we do not have debt. We purchased our vehicle with cash, and that is how we pay for everything. We need new tires, ASAP.

Am I worried, no I believe that God will keep them going until we have the funds to replace them. We really could use a smaller vehicle with better gas mileage for my husband to commute in. God knows our needs. I have no doubt he will keep us going until things work out. Until then I pray for a gas tank that will not run dry or cupboards that will not empty, like the widows jug of oil in 1 Kings 17:14

14 For this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'The jar of flour will not be used up and the jug of oil will not run dry until the day the LORD gives rain on the land.' "

I believe God will be no less faithful to my family then he was to the widow and her son. We give to others what we can, and there have been times we have given what we think we can't. But God has always blessed us an gotten us through.

I can tell of many times, how He has gotten us through. So will I worry, nope not me. God has me, He has my kids, He has today, and He has all of my tomorrows. I just have to let Him have them and not try to rip them away. I think I can do that, with God's help of course!!! ; )

When in doubt try faith, and maybe a sprinkle of hope, both are awesome
Hugs Everyone
Amy

1 comment:

Yolanda said...

I find much truth in your words here.