About Me

My photo
Hi, I am me... I am a mom with a great sense of humor, a kind heart, a giving spirit, a desire to please, and enough strength to keep on going even when life knocks me down... I am me... : )

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Goats??? Yup I said goats and maybe some chickens

Hey there everyone. Had a busy week. We are looking at purchasing some milk goats. A friend of a friend of a friend, LOL, had 2 milking Toggenburg does and a doe kid, that he is willing to sell me to get me started. They are young only 2 years old and lovely and healthy. I have been trying to find ways to keep some expenses down and I have figured it out and even feeding and care would be cheaper for me then buying milk from the store, not to mention better for us. Then I plan to add at least a dozen hens so that I can get enough eggs for my family. We go through sooooo many. And these eggs would be better for my kids. I also have tomato plants I need to plant. Next year I would like to put in more of a garden. I have struggled this year. But every day and year gives new opportunities.

Hugs
Amy

No comments: