About Me

My photo
Hi, I am me... I am a mom with a great sense of humor, a kind heart, a giving spirit, a desire to please, and enough strength to keep on going even when life knocks me down... I am me... : )

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spending lots of money to save money


This pic is of my freezer.

Sounds kinda funny when you say it that way. In February Krehebiels Meat Market in McPherson Kansas, has a sale called the half a hog sale. For $99.00 you get a whole ham worth 50 dollars, pork chops, pork roasts, 12 pkgs bacon, I think, and 12 pounds of the sausages of your choice. Breakfast sausage, bacon sausage, brats, Italian sausage, potato sausage, spicy Italian sausage, etc etc.....

Not only is this an awesome deal for the price, but this is all good for you source verified meat. I picked up 4 halves which filled my freezer half way. Now I just need to get a half a cow and I will be set. Except for chicken I will have what I need for the year. I love the feeling knowing I have good food to feed my kids.

It may have cost me alot up front, but will be a money saver in the long run. Now I gotta run make some dinner. Roast anyone???

No comments: