About Me

My photo
Hi, I am me... I am a mom with a great sense of humor, a kind heart, a giving spirit, a desire to please, and enough strength to keep on going even when life knocks me down... I am me... : )

Monday, January 28, 2013

Bouncing back from adversity

If anyone knows me they know that I am A. a pretty great cook and baker B. I am my own worst critic and really hard on myself C. I have higher standards over how something looks and tastes than the restraunts and other places I have worked and D. I don't settle for crap.. I don't care, who is eating it, what it's for, where it's being served, what it is, or when it's being served it should both look good and taste good..... I have been called a food snob and worse...

So when Thursday morning, the area manager where I work came in and threw away a bunch of the doughnuts I had made and called them crap, you can imagine I was pretty upset. He insisted I stay and make another batch... I was supposed to leave at 10 it was 9:30. I was pretty upset... I told my manager that she could give the job back to the old doughnut maker, that I was done... At that point I was angry... I moved over to do dishes while the oil heated up again to do another batch and I cried....

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE HAD SOMEONE TELL ME MY FOOD IS CRAP!! I HAVE HAD PEOPLE TELL ME THEY WOULD EAT MY CAKE OFF THE GROUND, I HAVE PEOPLE WHO ASK ME WHAT I MADE WHEN WE GO TO POTLUCKS SO THEY CAN GET SOME, I AM SO OCD ABOUT ALL THE FOOD I MAKE BECAUSE I WANT IT PERFECT, I HAVE NEVER HAD ANYONE CALL MY FOOD CRAP!!!

This about broke my heart... I took some trash out and one of our regulars was coming in as I was going out and he said he felt sorry for me as he didn't like those two, the area and district managers. He heard what happened and when I was coming back inside he caught me before I went in and gave me a big hug and told me not to listen to them that my doughnuts were awesome... Made me smile, it also made me smile when I came back inside and customers where looking for the good doughnuts that I make.. They left without purchasing anything since mine had all been thrown away..

Meanwhile, I mixed up a batch his way and they came out smaller than the doughnuts I made... So he and the district manager and the store manager made a batch and they came out exactly the same size as the doughnuts I made... I was a bit vindicated in that.. All my mornings work thrown in the trash and for what? Nothing... There was no difference between his doughnuts and mine... But that was not mentioned... I admit I came back in Friday rather angry still...

I don't like being angry.. I am very much a forgive and forget kind of person.. I prefer to get along and get on with life... Thankfully this last weekend was my weekend off... Today was a better day.. I had a few days to rest, relax, and let it go.. I don't wanna be a cranky person.. And people where happy they love my doughnuts.. Last Thursday that was just a bad day.. Everyday can be great!!

Today I had my annual review, my boss is happy with me I had all good marks! Life is good..

1 comment:

Wes Brummer said...

I was looking for Kansas blogs and your was the first on the list. Sounds like you are a great baker. Where can I purchase you cakes?

ok, i started a writer's blog and I'm looking for other bloggers to visit, even if it is just once. I like how you have a list of other blogs listed on the side. I'm new at this. How do you do that? I need to find an idiot's guide to using blogger. My blogger site is: kspoorfarm.blogspot.com